• Background Image

    Frequently Asked Questions

How much does Paragon Payroll & HR services cost?
Paragon Payroll & HR pricing is based on payroll frequency (weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly) and number of employees. Contact us today and we will send you a proposal with pricing based on your specific payroll needs.

Do I need to wait until the end of a quarter or the beginning of the year to start?
No, you can start with Paragon Payroll & HR at anytime!

When should I submit payroll?
If we provide direct deposit to you and your employees, we need payroll submissions at least two business days (scheduled processing day) before the check date.

How long do I have to issue an employee their final check?
It varies in each state. In Oregon, the employee should receive their check the day of termination, and no later than the next regularly scheduled payday. If 48 hours’ or more notice is provided, the final paycheck is due on the final day of work, unless the final day falls on a weekend or holiday, in which case the check is due on the next business day. If less than 48 hours’ notice is provided, the final check is due within 5 business days or the next regular payday, whichever occurs first.

How do I know my taxes are paid on time and correctly?
We guarantee it. The last thing you need to worry about is liability. If you receive any notices from the IRS or other taxing agency, send them to us, and we will work with them on your behalf. If we make an error after you have communicated payroll information correctly or if you incur penalties due to our service paying your payroll taxes late, we will pay the penalties.

Do you track employee accruals & sick, vacation, personal time off (PTO) balances?
Yes! Effective January 1, 2016, Oregon enacted a statewide mandatory paid sick leave law, requiring Oregon employers to provide up to 40 hours of sick leave to employees per year (in most cases, must be paid). Outsource your paid sick leave, vacation or personal time off with Paragon Payroll & HR.

Do you handle w-2s and 1099s?
Yes, Paragon Payroll & HR will process employees W2s for year-end. We also take care of W2 filing and 1099 filing (if you have set up Independent Contractors with us already).

What do I need to send you at every Year-end?

  • Any Year-End adjustments (such as: S-Corp shareholders health premiums, personal use of company automobile, Year-End Bonuses and 3rd Party Sick Pay) must be submitted to us by your last payroll in the year.  Note: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) has shortened the filing deadlines for W-2s and 1099s.
  • All 1099 info need to be submitted to us at the beginning of January  each year due to the new deadline imposed by the IRS.
  • New Tax Rate Notice (including, but not limited to SUTA/State Unemployment Rate)

Have more questions? Please call us at 503-968-5409.

Contact Us
close slider

    • Contact Us

    Call Now Button